Release Date: 2006
Remixes (with self-produced material)
Dj Krush -
Oumupo 6 (CD) Ici D'ailleurs
- Eric Aldéa -
Belhom - Twice Around The Harbor
Belhom - Web's Voodoo
- Locate Radiation
Belhom - Who's Big
- The Married
Monk - Handsome
Petitgand - Etat Liquide / Programme - Mon Geste
Petitgand - La Rosée / Julien Ribot - Fille N° 70
- I N Fused -
- The Married
Monk - Love Commander
- The Digital
Intervention - The Last Writes / Coma Idyllique
The Oumupo serie is a special
project of the Ici D'ailleurs label. Artists invited by the
use and remix the whole Ici D'ailleurs archive for their special mix.
Other artists in the serie: Dj Hide, Rob Swift and Kid Loco. There are
a few conditions for the remixes and the mix:
The potential music reservoir is the Ici d'ailleurs Collection, and
O1O1 is its electronic division. The basic framework for each piece
will therefore be sought in the Ici d'ailleurs / O1O1 Catalogue. The
composer must set out to appropriate the titles in this catalogue for
himself, turning them to his advantage and adding whatever he deems
necessary. All samples must be free of copyright or communicated to the
Label for copyright clearance.
2. A passage no shorter than thirty
seconds must be chosen to appear twice on the album. This passage must
play the role of a theme or slogan, be it remixed or not, and must be
in harmony with the album as a whole.
3. The exercise must last forty-two minutes (42').
4. The end of the album must lead into the beginning, thus enabling it
to be listened to in a loop.
No more than two pieces from one album in the catalogue may be chosen.
If the composer wishes to use a second, it must be at least two tracks
distant from the first.
6. The composer must use the works of more than five artists on the
7. The composer freely chooses his own constraint and must declare what
The composer will refrain from using the lyrics of Dominique Petitgand
out of their musical context, and will consider their use as a jingle
or equivalent gimmick as a pitfall wisely to be avoided. Their use must
extend to twenty seconds at the very least.
Besides these conditions Dj Krush had a few
constraints for his own:
1) To use the catalogues as a material, and
built the whole mix in a re-construction style
about this Dj Krush part is that he not only remixed the tracks, he
also made a fantastic mix and added a high level of
2) To be "a live drummer without drumsticks" throughout the whole mix
3) To take the "mix CD" to a next level, maintaining the "KRUSHness" to
4) To built a story throughout the mix that anyone could visualize it
by simply listening through the mix
5) To maintain a vibe that makes even my own head knodding without